Home foreclosure is a common issue for separating or divorcing couples. Often, couples stop making payments on their matrimonial homes due to disputes over finances. Foreclosure proceedings can significantly complicate the divorce process, which is why it is important to seek experienced legal counsel.
Quay Law Centre is a group known for our knowledge and experience in all matters that accompany separation and divorce, including foreclosure.
Our lawyers can help you determine the course of action that will be most advantageous for you if your matrimonial home has gone into foreclosure. We will:
- Review all relevant information about the home
- Determine if one party orchestrated the foreclosure for personal benefit
- Carefully consider the amount of equity in the home
- Determine your goals and decide if the home is worth fighting for
- Explore options with the bank to bring the mortgage current
If your matrimonial home is on the brink of foreclosure, you should also consider how a potential bankruptcy declaration by the other party could affect you.
To arrange a consultation with one of our experienced lawyers, please contact Quay Law Centre at 604-527-1161. From our multiple offices, we represent clients in the Metro-Vancouver area, including Surrey, Fraser Valley, Tri-Cities, Burnaby, Kelowna, and any other area throughout B.C., Canada and internationally.