Marriage, Cohabitation and Separation Agreement Lawyers

When creating a marriage, cohabitation or separation agreement, it is essential for both parties to have legal counsel. Should the agreement ever be challenged in court, the document has a higher likelihood of standing up to court scrutiny if lawyers were involved in the negotiation, drafting and signing of the agreement.

Quay Law Centre specializes in all family law matters, including marriage and cohabitation agreements for couples who are commencing relationships. If your relationship ends, we will vigorously represent your interests, and we can assist you in creating an effective separation agreement.

Marriage Agreements

 Many couples choose to create a marriage agreement outlining their financial affairs during the marriage and division of property in the event that the marriage ends. A marriage agreement can also address spousal support. Courts may view marriage agreements as outdated if they have not been reviewed in many years. To overcome this, our lawyers can include terms that strengthen the agreement, including periodic revisions to keep the agreement enforceable by the courts.

Cohabitation Agreements

When two people in a relationship decide to live together, they may wish to enter a written agreement regarding their finances, particularly when there are significant assets on the part of one or both parties.

It is important to speak with our knowledgeable marriage agreement lawyers before entering into a cohabitation agreement, to ensure that you understand how it could affect you in the event that your relationship ends.

Separation Agreements

 When a marriage ends in divorce or separation, the two parties may wish to form a mutual agreement regarding the terms of their separation. We can assist you in developing a workable separation agreement that deals with guardianship, parenting arrangements, child support, spousal support and division of property.

To schedule a consultation, contact Quay Law Centre at 604-527-1161. We represent clients in the Metro-Vancouver area, including Surrey, Fraser Valley, Tri-Cities, Burnaby, Kelowna, and any other area throughout British Columbia, Canada and internationally.