At Quay Law Centre, we understand that the cost of legal services can be daunting, which is why we do everything we can to provide cost-effective legal solutions for your family law matters. We assign a legal professional with the appropriate background and experience to each task, as needed.
How You Can Help With Client Responsibility
There are many actions you can take to facilitate the prompt resolution of your legal problem, which may reduce the cost of our services. Following are a few suggestions:
- Be prepared for meetings with your lawyer: Come with a list of questions or areas of concern you wish to discuss.
- Give us the full story: You can rely on our lawyers to be discrete. If we do not have all the facts, your legal issues may become more difficult to resolve.
- Provide the information we request promptly: We may ask you for documents, financial records, or names and contact information of teachers, friends or associates. If you do not know how to obtain these, we can advise you.
- Promptly comply with requests for information from the court: If you have questions or concerns about a court’s request for information, please contact us to discuss the issue.
- Use email to communicate with your legal team, if possible. Email can be more effective than phone calls and may reduce your costs.
- Let us be the lawyers: In the middle of an escalating dispute, clients are often tempted to dictate legal strategy, but the actions they propose may not be in their own best interests or cost-effective. Let us give you the benefit of our legal knowledge and years of experience.
Over the years, our lawyers have found that clients who are engaged in the resolution of their legal problems are often more satisfied with the results. We welcome the opportunity to work with you to address your family law issues.
While in excess of 90 percent of all family lawsuits settle at some point, it is important that an advantageous framework for settlement is achieved. This is expedited if your family law lawyer has experience, knowledge, an effective support system, and knowledge of the psychology of spousal relationships. It is important that you advise your lawyer of these types of factors.
To arrange a consultation with one of our British Columbia lawyers, please contact Quay Law Centre online, call 604-527-1161 or toll free at 877-895-1426. From our multiple offices, we represent clients in the Metro-Vancouver area, including Surrey, Fraser Valley, Tri-Cities, Burnaby, Kelowna, and any other area throughout B.C., Canada and internationally.